Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bryanb19
    Participant

Hello my lab recently acquired a UnderWater GPS unit. We are able to use the basis functions of the GUI unit but are looking for a simple solution so we are able to have a log of time and position( Log/Lad). The question that we are asking is there a way we can utilize the API so that we are able to get a list/log of position and depth? If not, then will we need to build a program to grab and log these functions separately? (I see the Github code but i am unsure of how integrate code with GUI)

wlest
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad to hear that you have bought our Underwater GPS!

Yes, it is possible to use the API to log the position. You can use the python script tracklog.py found here.

To run the code you need python 2.7 on you computer and to install the required packages.

This will store the position in a GPX file.

Let me know if you have any more questions or problems getting the script to run!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by wlest.
    pp040328
    Participant

Hello, I tried using python and pip to install the things in examples, but I don’t know how to proceed in the next step. What should I do to get gpx file?

wlkh
    Keymaster

Hi,

Once you are running the tracklog.py file it will generate a tracklog.gpx file (in the same directory) which stores all positions it is getting while it is running.

You will need to specify the IP address of your kit similar to this:
    python tracklog.py -u http://192.168.2.94

If the URL is specified correctly you will periodically see an update on the screen with the position when running the script.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Registere here!