Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kevin_K
    Participant

Hi guys, well done getting your first units out, I’m excited to see how people use them and purchase mine when I save up enough.

After I met you guys in Southern California, I looked up your YouTube channel and saw you had a working wireless ROV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlyDaR6hzJI
    I’m looking to build my own torpedo shaped UUV capable of hovering and cruising. I’m thinking of mounting a DeepVision hull-mounted side scan system to it so I can get clearer imagery at a closer range than my towed system. I know ACOMMS is too slow to do live video, but close up side scan or recorded video transects are still useful to me. Is there a time frame (years is fine) when your acoustic modem and onboard vehicle positioning may be available so we can start making working vehicle such as this? UUVs from conventional manufacturers are far outside my price range.

Kevin Klemens
    Endurance Marine Exploration

Oliver Skisland
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your kind words! Shipping to customers is always great.

Your questions about onboard position and acoustic communication are very interesting. As you have seen in the YouTube video, we made a “proof of concept” drone which we controlled without a tether. Currently we are fully focused and commited to the Underwater GPS solution and will continue to refine this. We are constantly evaluating market needs and applying this to our roadmap. At the moment we are not able to communicate our roadmap publicly, but your interests are well received!

All best,
    Oliver Skisland
    Water Linked

Kevin_K
    Participant

Understood, thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Not a member yet? Registere here!