The worlds smallest underwater locator device – by far!
With its extremely small size (like a thumb) it is very easy to integrate on even the smallest mini-ROVs.
Mini-ROVs and other underwater devices which use a twisted pair based tether.
- Extremely small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- No GPS based time-sync. This enables operation inside buildings where there is no GPS available. It also enables permanent submergion without the need to surface for new time-syncs.
- The Locator must be wired to the topside positioning computer through a dedicated twisted pair. This is usually acheived by dedicating a twisted pair in the ROV tether to the Locator-A1.
- The topside positioning computer needs to receive depth readings from the ROV through the supplied software API. Software example code is available for download here.
- Part number: WL-21009
- Part name: Locator-A1
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Depth rating: 300 m
- Default cable length: 1 m
- Max cable length: 300 m (custom order)
- Signaling: 1x twisted pairs
- Cable type: PUR 6,3 mm
- Cable connector: None
- Device length: 41 mm
- Device diameter 20 mm
- Device weight in air: 30 g
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C