The very powerful Locator-P1 is designed to operate in noisy environments and long range applications.
Large ROVs, subsea mining and other noisy operations.
- Very powerful acoustic transmission to enable quality positioning in extremely noisy environments.
- Small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation.
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- No need for tether integration
- The Locator must be powered from the underwater vehicle (24V, 830mAh)
- The topside positioning computer needs to receive depth readings from the ROV through the supplied software API. Software example code is available for download here.
Before deployment in water, the Locator-P1 and the topside needs to achieve a GPS lock. The integrated status-LED shows the condition of the GPS lock. It is important to understand that this limits the use of the P1 inside buildings or in places where GPS is unavailable.
Limitations of use
Due to a limited lockup, this product can not be sold to customers intending to use it for net cleaners in the fish farming industry until year 2021.
- Part number: WL-21024-1
- Part name: Locator-P1
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Depth rating: 300 m
- Cable type: PUR 6,3 mm
- Cable connector: none
- Device length: 154,5 mm
- Device diameter 50 mm
- Device weight (air): 490 g
- Input voltage: 24 V
- Input current: 830 mAh at 24V
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C