The Locator-S1 is a digital hydro acoustic locator device with an internal GPS based time sync module.
The Locator-S1 does not require a tether integration for top-side communication. It only requires external power 10-18V to be provided from the underwater vehicle. Time-sync with the top-side is achieved using its internal GPS.
Some Locator-S1 attributes can be configured using an integrated I2C interface. This configuration is optional and not required for normal operation.
Before deployment in water, the Locator-S1 and the Underwater GPS top-side needs to achieve a GPS lock. The integrated status-LED shows the condition of the GPS lock.
- Extremely small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- GPS based sync removes all tether requirements enabling very easy integration with any ROV
- Part number: WL-21022
- Part name: Locator-S1
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Depth rating: 300 m
- Cable type: PUR 6,3 mm
- Cable connector: none
- Device length: 76,6 mm
- Device diameter 30 mm
- Device weight: 52 g
- Input voltage: 10-18 V
- Input current: 60 mAh at 12V
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C