With external power and no need for tether integration, the Locator-S1 is perfect for mini-ROVs.
Mini-ROVs and other underwater devices which can provide external power.
- Very small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation.
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- No need for tether integration
- The Locator must be powered from the underwater vehicle (10-18V, 60mAh)
- The topside positioning computer needs to receive depth readings from the ROV through the supplied software API. Software example code is available for download here.
Before deployment in water, the Locator-S1 and the topside needs to achieve a GPS lock. The integrated status-LED shows the condition of the GPS lock. It is important to understand that this limits the use of the S1 inside buildings or in places where GPS is unavailable.
- Part number: WL-21022
- Part name: Locator-S1
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Depth rating: 300 m
- Cable type: PUR 6,3 mm
- Cable connector: none
- Device length: 76,6 mm
- Device diameter 30 mm
- Device weight: 52 g
- Input voltage: 10-18 V
- Input current: 60 mAh at 12V
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C