The Modem M64 is a two-way half-duplex 64bps acoustic modem with a robust and user configurable data link.
The M64 sets a new market standard with its record-breaking physical size, low power requirement and cost. All this combined with a very useful technical specification, the M64 opens new possibilities for underwater communication in both existing and new areas.
- Two-way communication
- 64 bit per second net data link, both ways
- Typical latency ~500ms
- 200 meter range
- AUV telemetry
- ROV wireless control
- Wireless subsea sensors
- Research projects
- Any scenario where you need to wirelessly control and monitor subsea equipment
- Omnidirectional operation which will keep the data link stable even when the modem is in motion and/or being rotated around its axes.
- Fully self-contained with no requirements for external computers, top-side controllers or other devices.
- Packet based protocol with extensive use of error detection to enable a highly robust transmission.
- The integrated status LED makes it easy to confirm that the communication link is established and when data is transferred.
- Serial 9600 baud UART 3,3V interface makes the M64 easy to integrate with other subsea equipment like sensors, ROVs and AUVs.
- Easy to use API to transmit/receive packages etc.
- Can be used in a setup where one modem transmits and receives while many other modems receives.
- Can operate simultaneous with Underwater GPS.
- Extremely small size enabling easy integration in other equipment.
- Very low power consumption.
- Highly robust operation, also in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations etc.)
- Standard depth rated to 300 meters. Other depth ratings available on request.
- Part number: WL-11003
- Part name: Modem-M64
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Acoustic range: 200 m
- Depth rating: 300 m
- Cable type: PUR 6,3 mm
- Cable connector: none
- Device length: 112 mm
- Device diameter 30 mm
- Device weight: 128 g
- Input voltage: 10-18 V
- Power Consumption: 216 mAh at 12V
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C