The Underwater GPS Developer Bundle includes the products you need to work with integration of our technology in your solutions.
The Developer Bundle can be used with 4 different Locator types:
- Locator A1 Optimized for ROV integration.
- Locator S1 Optimized for ROV integration.
- Locator D1 For stand alone operation. Comes with its own tether.
- Locator U1 Battery powered. Optimized for divers!
Please refer to the Locator Comparison Matrix at the bottom of this page for further details.
You will normally experience an acuracy of < 1% of the range between the Locator and the Receivers. On 100 meter range, you can expect an acuracy of ~1 meter.
Underwater GPS relies on acoustics to transmit data through the water. Acoustic transmission can be affected by these scenarios:
- Reflections from hard surfaces nearby your operation area (ship hulls, the sea floor, constructions etc.)
- Signal dampening from objects in the water (large consentrations of fish etc.)
The Water Linked technology has revolutionary performance in this kind of challenging scenarios. While other solutions simply break down, the Underwater GPS continues to work. With Underwater GPS you should simply expect somewhat lower acuracy in such operations.
The Master-D1 computer inside the top-side housing is running a fully featured web based GUI. This is where you observe the position of the Locator and configure the system. Main features include:
- Graphical visualization of underwater position of the Locator relative to the receivers
- Map based visualization of underwater position of the Locator with GPS coordinates
- Heading of the baseline (the receivers)
- Configurable track log of both the baseline and the Locator
- Comprehensive configuration possibilities
- Diagnostics to graphically monitor the acoustic signal
- 1x Master-D1 WL-21008
- 4x Receiver-D1 WL-21005-P010 (10m cable, no connector)
- 1x locator of choice
- Webserver exposing a GUI and API
- Acoustic Position SW
- Global Position SW
- GPS (Antenna included. External antenna supported)
- IMU (Compass/Orientation)
- D1 interfaces: 5x (Typically 4 Receiver-D1 and 1 Locator-D1)
- A1 interfaces: 1x
- Ethernet interfaces: 1x
- Part number: WL-11002
- Part name: Underwater GPS Developer Bundle
- Acoustic range: 100 m
- Supply voltage: 10-18 V
- Total weight: ~4 kg
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C
Locator comparison matrix