Battery powered, digital hydroacoustic locator device including a depth sensor. The Locator performs a chain of advanced digital signal processing operations before transmitting an acoustic wave.
The Locator-U1 is fully stand-alone without any cable requirements.
Battery Powered Operation
The Locator-U1 is fully wireless and battery operated with no need for an external power source.
The internal battery will keep the U1 operational for approximately 6 hours before it needs to be recharged. The battery is recharged using the included USB-C charger.
The Locator-U1 has pre-drilled M3 holes for easy fixation to brackets etc. Brackets for use of Velcro bands is included. This enables an extremely flexible method of mounting the U1 to different kinds of structures. The U1 comes supplied with Velcro bands.
With its battery powered operation, the Locator-U1 is the ideal locator device for scuba divers. Using the included Velcro bands, the U1 can be mounted to the arm of the diver or to one of the hoses going from the air-tank to the BCD.
Before deployment in water, the Locator-U1 needs to achieve a GPS lock. The integrated status-LED shows the condition of the GPS lock. If no GPS signal is available (operation inside buildings etc.), a manual time-sync can be achieved by following specified procedures.
- Fully wireless with no need for cables to the underwater device or top-side.
- Extremely small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation.
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- Part number: WL-21018
- Part name: Locator-U1
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Depth rating: 100 m
- Max operational range: 100 m
- Battery size: 3,7 volt, 3300 mah
- Battery lifetime: 6 hours
- Device length: 121 mm
- Device diameter 32 mm
- Device weight: xx g
- Input voltage: X V
- Input current: xxx mA
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C