The easiest to use Locator of them all!
Strap it on to the ROV or diver and start positioning. No cables, no external requirements!
Battery Powered Operation
The U1 is powered by an internal rechargeable battery with an operational lifetime of approximately 6 hours. Charged by using a standard USB-C charger (cable included).
Brackets for Velcro bands and GoPro mounts are available!
The bracket for Velcro bands is intended for fixation on a scuba diver BCD.
You can also make your own bracket and fix it to the pre-drilled M3 holes.
With no requirements for external power or signals, the Locator-U1 is perfect for scuba divers, mini-ROVs and basically any underwater device you want to position.
Before deployment in water, the Locator-U1 and the topside needs to achieve a GPS lock. The integrated status-LED shows the condition of the GPS lock. It is important to understand that this limits the use of the U1 inside buildings or in placed where GPS is unavailable.
- Fully wireless with no need for cables to the underwater device or top-side.
- Extremely small footprint enabling easy integration/fixation.
- Highly robust operation in areas with acoustic reflections (shallow water, around installations, inside tanks etc.)
- Part number: WL-21018
- Part name: Locator-U1
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Depth rating: 300 m
- Max operational range: 100 m
- Battery size: 3,7 volt, 3300 mah
- Battery lifetime: 6 hours
- Device length: 121 mm
- Device diameter 32 mm
- Device weight (air): 175 g
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 °C